1. Luxury Resort – Final few days in Asia, we went all out with a 5 star hotel. The Resort was amazing with a luxury pool, beach, 5 restaurants and a bathtub on our balcony. Now i’ve never stayed at a place that has a bathtub on the balcony with a view of the ocean. Such a relaxing end to the 6 months in Asia. Evenings consisted of a nice chilled out Shisha on the rooftop at the Arabic restaurant in our resort. There was also a menu for the tons of pillows on the bed, no joke!! There was an explanation of each pillow and what they are good for. Never knew pillows came with manuals!!
2. Beruwala Beach – This was the beach just outside our resort back entrance, so beautiful.
3. Turtle Hatchery – A fishermen we met on this rock whilst walking down the beach was fishing to feed the turtles they conserve. He took us to the conservatory where we saw some deformed turtles and also a rare white turtle. (supposedly they are very expensive)
4. Surfing and GoPro – The final day in Sri Lanka and we decided to go Surfing. I caught a couple of waves and surfed down towards the beach. The waves were pretty mean and rough, whilst paddling out to sea i got hit by this humongous wave and instantly i knew that my GoPro that was attached to my head had been wiped off. I started searching around in panic but the current was just too strong, waves were too big and soo misty in the seas that it was a sad bye bye to my GoPro 😦 I did make a backup just before we left India, but sad to say i lost 50plus videos clips of the whole of Sri Lanka.
5. Bentota Beach – After seeing a few of the beaches, with the sun shining on this long, soft sanded beach.. this was the best one we saw.
6. Whale and Dolphin Watching – We took a Tuk-Tuk at 3 in the morning for over two hours all the way down south to a place called Mirissa where you take a boat to go Whale watching. Boarding the boat at 6.30 a.m. we set for sail and after 2 hours of no joy, we saw a group of dolphins swimming around. After another hour of no sighting we kind of lost hope about the Whales, but the suddely we saw this huge tail diving into the ocean. We turned off the engines and waited around and i believe there was 4 or 5 huge whales swimming around.
7. Galle – A fort we saw from the dutch times, a cricket match being played and there was also a holifestival going on.
8. KFC – You can’t go to Sri Lanka without a KFC, it would just be rude not to have one. On arrival day, we got the taxi driver to stop off at a KFC.. queues of Sri Lankans waiting for their order to be taken. But well worth the wait. The Sri Lankans know how to cook their chicken.